Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Saturday, 05 May 2018
  26 Replies
  10.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
I downloaded Office Tab version 13.x, and uninstalled my version 11.x.; then installed v 13.x

I did not realize that the 13.x version was beyond my free update period and only discovered that when I tried to use it.

So I uninstalled the 13.x version, and reinstalled my original 11.x. I configured it to my liking, opened Word 2013, but there were no tabs and it did not display as a tab in Word's ribbon.

I restarted my pc and tried again, but it still didn't work. I reinstalled again, made sure my license number was correct, but it still won't work.

Please help - I really can't work without it, and I can't figure out why it won't work.

Thank you!
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Do you mean the problem persists after disabling the Bitdefender? Please restart the system and then reinstall the software.

BTW, the windows defender will block the add-in too.

Thanks in advance.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Nico, I don't understand what you mean by "I blocked Bitdefender". This is from my post almost a month ago:

"My Bitdefender Advanced Threat Defense is enabled, as it should be. I placed Word and Excel (all I need) executables in the exception list so that Office Tabs function. Still not the best solution because the MS Office apps are always a huge target for malware; those apps should be protected. A better solution is STILL necessary, one that does not expose the Office apps."

I made sure none of my Office apps were running when I added Word and Excel to Bitdefender's Advanced Threat defense Exception list. If, for some odd reason this does not work for you, you may want to restart the system and then try opening one of the apps again.
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Same issue started a few weeks ago with Ver 14.  May have been due to recent Windows/office update. Try and open new tab get initiation error 4.  If try to save docx "not responding" or even going to options to delete add-on crashes.  Does recover docx and can then disable office tabs.  I do miss the tabs which have used for many years!  I have reinstalled from website but same issue.
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Please try to disable the antivirus software and the windows defender and try to reinstall the software.

The windows defender may be the culprit.
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
tab stop is a term used to describe the location the cursor stops after the Tab key is pressed. Tab stops are used in word processors to enable website
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Please contact us via with the detailed information to replicate this issue.

Thanks in advance.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.