Skip to main content
Support is Online
We're back! We are here to assist you. Please be patient, we will respond to your tickets shortly.
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Wednesday, 08 August 2018
  2 Replies
  7.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
After more than a month of frustration, I think I'm pretty dead sure that with Excel Tabs enabled, opening any untrusted document (those that will show an "Enable content" button on top) will cause Excel to crash.

Moving those files to trusted locations will allow me to open them, but unfortunately Excel won't allow me to add a trusted location on my network or add any trusted documents, so that means I cannot directly open network files unless I disable the Tabs first. My current workaround is using the Excel Viewer to open network documents, but doing that often causes some conflicts with Excel itself, and I cannot update them.

I run Excel 2016 on Windows 10 1703 Pro, both 64-bit. There's nothing I can do now except to wait for your next release, which will hopefully address this issue.

Or, perhaps you could help me find a workaround? Like forcing my Excel to allow trusted locations on the network or something I cannot think of?

Thanks.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Sorry, we will try to fix this issue in the next version. :)
BTW, we are working on this issue now.
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Go to the Trusted Locations tab on the left and check the “Disable all Trusted Locations” box at the bottom. Go to Trusted Documents and check the “Disable all Trusted Documents” box. Click OK and close the new workbook. Open your Excel file that was crashing.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.